If you have gone through the greengrocer you will have seen boxes and boxes of figs. They are a delight and in jam they give us lots of possibilities. You can use them to sweeten cakes, yogurts, prepare tartlets, combine them with foie or eat them with cheese which is how I like it best: D, a soft cheese, I'm not strong cheese: D
In my fruit shop they had the green figs and blacks, the first ones are much sweeter but to see how they were left I made jam of the two types to have the pantry ready for the whole winter and they leave. At home there are never enough jars for jams, those of Juvasa.com with those that are better priced, these are the Le Parfait® Jam confiturier 385ml with which I have filled three boats with 1 kilo of figs.
There are varieties of fig trees that bear two fruits a year, are biferous fig trees. At the end of June, early July they will give brevas and when autumn arrives they will give us figs. The figs are sweeter and we are in full season, from August to September, so it is time to blunt to have the whole year.
- 1 kg of figs (if you like them without seeds, you must strain the jam still hot)
- 500 gr of sugar or more, to your liking
- 3 cloves -optional-
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- The juice of half a lemon
- Remove the corner of the figs and clean them well under the tap - it is not necessary to peel them.
- Put all the ingredients in the glass and program 30-35 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 1, with the beaker removed and the basket on the lid. If you like it without tripping, you can crush when the jam is ready by programming 30 seconds, progressive speed 5-10.
- Put the jam inside the previously boiled glass jars, close, and vacuum the water bath or simply turn them over and wait for them to cool. The more sugar they carry, the better they are preserved. Once the jars are open, store in the fridge.
- Make the bath Maria: To do this you put them in a pot with a piece of cloth at the bottom and another between the jars and bring them to a gentle boil for about 20 minutes, It is allowed to cool in the same pot and we can already store them in the pantry as soon as cool down Always indicate with an indelible sticker or marker the cooking dates.
- If you don't want me to have nuggets you can strain it with a fine mesh strainer.