Here one who is still wearing the 'L' of the kitchen at low temperature and that keep trying to discover the secrets of the Anova. Today new recipe with our Ronerthat comes out of the drawer again to prepare the vacuum salmon with avocado and basil I've seen in At low temperature, a very complete blog, in Spanish and in which I have found very easy dishes to make. I recommend it if you have bought the pot and like me (Ro swears eternal love to the Thermomix and does not approach the bug), you are not sure where to throw and you are far from the title of experts.
Soon we will get some meat (I think the idea of waiting for so many hours goes back) but for now and after the delicious experience of Bluefin Tuna, we repeat with a blue fish, salmon, which never ceases to surprise us in all its versions. (For the thermomixeros, if you are in a hurry and want to eat healthy, Salmon with Varoma really comes out).
My main problem with Roner is still the times that I still have to control better. The official Anova table offers estimates that will vary depending on the thickness and finish you want to give. In the case of salmon, for example, I bought two beautiful steaks of about 400 grams and only made one for Ro and me. The other went to the freezer. The vacuum bag was in the water bath 25 minutes at 50 ° C because the final finish I gave it on the iron and I didn't want it to stay dry. The official table recommends about 30 minutes of bath For a medium finish.
One more thing before getting into trouble. I will confess that a few days ago I tried some artichokes of the official recipe book of the App of Anova And I failed They stayed very hard and I didn't like anything. I removed the outer leaves but it was not enough. My joy in a well. Ah! And it may be my perception (and I hope your opinions for you to say if you share it) but some of those recipes on the official website are too spicy. There is an overdose of pepper in everything right?
- For the fish:
- 1 large salmon loin (450 grams)
- Salt and sugar
- Soy sauce
- Lemon zest
- For the sauce
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon
- Fresh or dried basil
- Evaporated milk -optional-
- A little spicy (A few drops of Tabasco but do not overdo it)
- We prepare the room before vacuum packaging. We spray it with sugar and salt in abundance following this technique It will harden the piece. We leave for 20 minutes Let the fish absorb salt and sugar. After Wash the salmon with water and dry it with paper towels.
- Turn on your Roner and preheat at 50ºC. It will take some 8 minutes approximately.
- Meanwhile We proceed to the packaging. We introduce a little bit of pepper, a spoonful of butter (no more because the salmon is already fatty and heavy), lemon zest, a tablespoon of soy sauce and the piece of salmon. We seal with the packing machine or using the traditional method of introducing the zip bag in a bowl of water to expel all the air.
- Put the bag in the water when it reaches the set temperature and indicates the time depending on the thickness of the piece. In our case a piece of almost 450-500 grams was submerged 25 minutes. The time will depend on whether you want it more or less done.
- The sauce: Open the avocado and separate the pulp into a bowl. Pour the lemon juice and crush with the help of a fork. Add some basil and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Crush again until a creamy sauce is left.
- Optional: Give it a more liquid touch with two tablespoons of evaporated milk and if you want a spicy touch add a couple of drops of Tabasco. Mix again and sauce ready.
- The final touch: Remove the salmon from the bag very carefully so that it does not break.
- Heat the iron or pan and use a few drops of the sauce inside the bag so that the fish does not stick. Kitchen back and forth between 2 minutes so that it does not dry out too much and it is toasted outside. Ready. You can serve it now!