My first Christmas turkey! I hope to improve it over the years, but I think that to be the first one did not go wrong. At the end between dinner on 24, lunch on 25, some tupper with more turkey and Javi's dinner yesterday, I think we've finally said goodbye to the bug.
I don't know what the recipe will look like and suggestions for improving it are accepted. As I say it was my first time "Pavil", so I will read your comments with exceptional interest.
Ahhh! By the way, go freezing a natural pineapple in taquitos I will soon bring you a recipe to drink these days.
- Ingredients for turkey 6-8 people approx:
- In this case I have used a "Pavita" of 4 kilos
- Pork lard to spread the turkey
- 300 g of minced beef half veal and half pork
- 1 boat truffle (optional)
- 50 g of pine nuts
- 4 units of mushrooms to taste or sliced mushrooms
- 50 g of raisins without seeds
- 60 g of brandy or cognac or until the raisins are covered
- 1.5kg of small round potatoes
- Small onions
- 1 glass of water and half a glass of white wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Thread for sewing turkey or chopsticks
- Needle and syringe to prick the cognac turkey
- Wash the turkey with water and dry it with paper towels. Put in one chop the raisins, rolled mushrooms and cognac and let them hydrate. Spread the turkey outside with lard. nSave the turkey.
- Strain raisins and rolled mushrooms, leaving the cognac reserved to click on the turkey. Put in the Thermomix glass the raisins and mushrooms and chop 4 seconds in speed 5. Add it to the minced meat Together with the pinions. Mix with your hands. If you want to add the truffle don't forget to grate it and mix it with the meat too.
- Stuff the turkey with the previous mixture and sew the opening so that the meat does not come out. It's like sewing anything else: D
- Take the syringe and water, fill with cognac and prick the turkey (In this I take advantage, I'm a nurse), hehehehe
- Go to the source where you are going to bake it. Pour over turkey half a glass of water and half an orange juice, a stream of olive oil extra virgin, place the peeled potatoes around, small onions Y bake 3 hours and a half at 180 ° C, heat up and down.
- - When you finish the baking, put in the thermomix glass the remaining broth, some of the onions and crush 1 minutes in progressive speed so that the sauce is dense. Ready
The ideal to be able to cut the turkey well and to have a meat with the stuffing, is to be boned. This time I did not prepare it without boning, but I hope to put another recipe soon so you can see how it looks the other way. The cuts are much simpler and everyone tries the filling.