“Traditional sponge cake that is not lacking in any Galician desktop or celebration”. So describe Pam East "Biscuit" in his book, in one of the sections that I like the most: “Galicia in vein”. You are already seeing it in the photo, but if you have any doubts, this recipe we have taken from the first book of the blogger Pamela Rodriguez of the blog Unodedos.com, “Desserts and other candy stores”. Congratulations ... I love the step by step and all the sweet chapters, I imagine all the effort and hours to repeat and improve recipes, take new photos, but it is worth it: D
I'm away from home with Camilo - because of Clara's zeal - and I have not taken all the rods, thermomixes, molds, etc ... so I got in the car back to cook something with what I had at home. Sorry Pam for choosing the simplest recipe in the book but it has been seen and not seen ... I promise to try your mother's donuts and many others that I have looked at. And to you, sorry to create needs, but there are books so cool and with recipes so proven and that they come out so well that you have to at least look through them before taking them home, because you know that you are going to take them: D.
The ingredients are all at home: Eggs, sugar and flour... No yeast, soda, or baking soda. The trick is to ride a lot the egg whites that will be aired and do the same with the yolks. Give to "Play" of your Thermomix®, the time has come to start it.
- 6 medium eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 160 gr of white sugar
- 100 gr of flour
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Put the yolks in the glass with the butterfly and the sugar and program 20 minutes at speed 3 and a half. Pamela recommends that we stay up to 25 minutes to double their volume and form a soft cream. Finished the time reserve and wash the glass very well so that there is no fat left.
- Pour the egg whites into the clean glassput the butterfly a pinch of salt Y beat 8 minutes at speed 3 and a half. Remember that if there is grease they will not ride you.
- Put in the yolk mixture, ¼ of the whites mounted and mix, so it will be more liquid and you will better integrate the flour.
- Go pouring the flour through a strainer over the yolks with the clear e integrates with enveloping movements. Eye, do it carefully, this cake does not have yeast and that is why it is important to treat it with care so that we do not remove the air. Once all the flour has been integrated, take the rest of the whites mounted and finish wrapping.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C with heat below. Prepare a mold with butter or oil on the walls and some flour sprinkled -remove excess by turning- and pour the mixture -me mold was 18cm diameter-. Bake 30 minutes at 165 ° C just below, and others 30 minutes at 150º-160ºC with heat up and down. Withdraw the cake and place it on a rack upside down To cool down.
- I love decorate them with icing sugar, but you can leave him with nothing like Pam.
““Desserts and other candy stores””
Author| Pamela Rodriguez
Price| 15 euros
pages| 254 pages and 75 recipes
Publication date| May 14, 2015